COMMUNICATING IN THE FIRST HOURS
A dirty bomb mixes explosives (such as dynamite) and radioactive powder or pellets. When the explosives are set off, the blast carries radioactive material into the surrounding area. Most injuries from a dirty bomb are caused by the explosion.
For radiation emergencies involving dirty bombs, the resources are the following:
- Short and Extended Messages
- Long and Short Radio Scripts
- University Reports and Verification of Findings
- Creative Brief
For more about VX, see the CDC Radiation Emergencies Web site .
- Page last reviewed: May 14, 2007
- Page last updated: March 1, 2013
- Content source: