Preparing for a Hurricane
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
This is an important message from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. If you're under a hurricane watch or warning, you should take important steps to prepare for the storm:
- Learn about your community's emergency plans, warning signals, evacuation routes, and emergency shelters.
- Make plans to protect people with special needs and pets.
- Stock your home and vehicle with emergency supplies.
- Secure or protect potential home hazards, such as utilities.
- Stay tuned to your radio or television and listen to local authorities.
Related Television Crawls for News Media
USGOVT/HHS – Before a storm, learn about your community's emergency plans, warning signals, evacuation routes, and emergency shelters.
USGOVT/HHS – Stock your home with supplies, including safe drinking water, and have emergency kits for your car and home.
USGOVT/HHS – Help elderly and disabled family members and neighbors to stay safe during a storm, power outage, or evacuation.
- Page last reviewed: June 22, 2012
- Page last updated: June 22, 2012
- Content source:
- Maintained By: