COCA Email Updates: December 27, 2010 – January 03, 2011
If you have any questions on these or other clinical issues, please write to us at email@example.com
Oral Rehydration Points (ORPs): Planning and Guidance – CDC (Dec 27)
This document provides additional guidance to organizations operating cholera treatment facilities for setting up ORPs.
Cholera Information for Healthcare Professionals
Cholera resources for healthcare professionals addressing diagnosis, testing, treatment, patient care, and prevention.
COCA On-Demand Training
Archived COCA Conference Calls are available on the COCA webpage. Simply download the PowerPoint and follow along with the posted audio file.
Situation Update Summary – CDC (Dec 30)
According to the FluView report for the week ending December 25, influenza activity is increasing in the United States. Influenza-like-illness (ILI) increased nationally and now is higher than expected for this time of year.
FluView - Weekly Influenza Surveillance Report – CDC (Dec 30)
2010-2011 Influenza Season Week 51 (December 19-25, 2010), data of influenza activity in the United States.
Updated Recommendations for Obstetric Health Care Providers Related to Use of Antiviral Medications in the Treatment and Prevention of Influenza for the 2010-2011 Season – CDC (Dec 29)
These recommendations provide guidance for obstetric health care providers in prescribing antiviral medications for treatment and prevention of influenza during the 2010-2011 season.
January 2011 EID – CDC (Jan 2011)
The Emerging Infectious Diseases (EID) journal provides recognition of new and re-emerging infections and understanding of factors involved in disease emergence, prevention, and elimination. It also represents the scientific communications component of CDC's efforts against the threat of emerging infections. See the January 2011 issue of the EID journal for more information.
California Firm Recalls Ground Beef Products Due to Possible E. coli O157:H7 Contamination – USDA (Dec 30)
First Class Foods, Inc., a Hawthorne, Calif., establishment, is recalling approximately 34,373 pounds of organic ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. To view the recalled labels visit the USDA website.
Additional Information: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/News_&_Events/Recall_070_2010_Release/index.asp
Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alert – FDA
For information on recent FDA recalls, market recalls, and safety alerts visit the FDA site.
- December 30, 2010 - Drive Total Energy Issues a Voluntary Recall of Rock Hard Extreme and Passion Coffee Dietary Supplements
- December 30, 2010 - Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Announces Voluntary Recall of Acetadote® Vials
- December 30, 2010 - PRock Marketing, LLC Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of All weight loss formulas and variation of formulas of Reduce Weight Fruta Planta/Reduce Weight Dietary Supplement.
- December 30, 2010 - The Ritedose Corporation Announces the Voluntary Nationwide Recall of 0.083% Albuterol Sulfate Inhalation Solution, 3 mL Due to Mislabeled Unit Dose Vials
- December 29, 2010 - TINY GREENS ORGANIC FARM FOOD CO. RECALLS PRODUCT BECAUSE OF POSSIBLE HEALTH RISK
- December 28, 2010 - J&D Produce Announces Precautionary, Voluntary Recall Of Fresh Greens
Return to Top of Page
The CDC and HHS logos are the exclusive property of the Department of Health and Human Services and may not be used for any purpose without prior express written permission. Use of trade names and commercial sources is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Links to non-Federal organizations are provided solely as a service to our users. Links do not constitute an endorsement of any organization by CDC or the Federal Government, and none should be inferred. The CDC is not responsible for the content of the individual organizations.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO