Improving the Health of Children and Adults through Vaccines: Updates and Recommendations for Clinicians
Date:Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Time:2:00 - 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
Iyabode (Yabo) Akinsanya-Beysolow, MD, MPH
Education, Information and Partnership Branch
Immunization Services Division
National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Vaccines prevent children and adults from potentially harmful or deadly diseases. To promote health and prevent disease, CDC publishes written recommendations for vaccinating children and adults. These recommendations are based on information from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). It is important for pediatric and adult providers to stay up to date on the most recent ACIP recommendations. During this webinar, a CDC subject matter expert will address recent vaccine recommendations along with available immunization resources.
At the conclusion of the session, the participant will be able to accomplish the following:
- Describe two recent vaccine recommendations made by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- Understand how and where to access immunization resources.
- Live audio conference call on 8/13/13: 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- Audio-on-demand training after 3:00 PM on 8/13/13
- Materials: PowerPoint slide set
Additional Call Information
- Activity number:EC/PD/WD 1648
- Date of origination:November 1, 2007
- Date of renewal:December 18, 2011
- Date of expiration:December 18, 2013
- To earn continuing education/contact hours
- Physician Assistants
- Health Educators
- Other Clinicians
- Contact Information:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support/Funding:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Emergency Risk Communications Branch
- Method of Participation:You may participate in the educational activity by viewing the program information above.
- Fees:COCA continuing education credits are free.
- Page last reviewed: August 16, 2013
- Page last updated: August 16, 2013
- Content source:
- CDC Emergency Risk Communication Branch (ERCB); Division of Emergency Operations (DEO); Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response (OPHPR)
- Maintained By: