Bioterrorism Containment - Contact Management
Antibiotic prophylaxis should be considered for the following
- Persons exposed to aerosol or other potentially infective
Y. pestis release.
- Household members of cases with respiratory plague.
- Healthcare workers at facilities that screen or care for suspected
plague patients, and who have direct patient contact.
- Emergency workers or others who respond to calls for assistance.
- Persons who transport sick persons to healthcare facilities.
- Coworkers, friends, and other associates who have had close
contact with symptomatic respiratory plague cases.
- Household pets (mammals only) of persons symptomatic with