Bioterrorism Containment - Chart Reviews
- All patients seen in the ER and discharged home, admitted,
or transferred to another hospital.
- Patients with a non-lab confirmed diagnosis of fever of unknown
origin or community-acquired pneumonia.
- Priority should be placed on identifying and evaluating patients
- Those transferred to another facility, discharged, or expired
will be reported to the local or state health department for
- These activities are critical to helping public health and
law enforcement officials determine the extent of the outbreak
and possibly to determine a source.