Tuesday, September 11, 2001, 13:25 EDT (01:25 PM EDT)
Initial Health Alert Notice to States and
Local Public Health Agencies
SUBJECT: ALERT: Terrorist Activity Response
Due to current events, CDC is on heightened alert status to monitor for any possible unusual disease patterns associated with today’s events, including chemical and biological agents.
CDC recommends that you initiate heightened surveillance for any unusual disease occurrence or increased numbers of illnesses that might be associated with today's events.
Please notify all segments of your emergency response system (including epidemiologists, laboratories, all local public health units, hospital emergency departments and 911 dispatch centers) to make them aware of this situation.
If you require any assistance or become aware of any unusual occurrence, CDC is available at our emergency number of (770) 488-7100, 24-hours per day, or (770) 488-4819. You may also contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or access our website for further information at http://emergency.cdc.gov/.
HAN Message Types
- Health Alert: Conveys the highest level of importance; warrants immediate action or attention. Example: HAN00001
- Health Advisory: Provides important information for a specific incident or situation; may not require immediate action. Example: HAN00316
- Health Update: Provides updated information regarding an incident or situation; unlikely to require immediate action. Example: HAN00309
- Info Service: Provides general information that is not necessarily considered to be of an emergent nature. Example: HAN00319
## This Message was distributed to State and Local Health Officers, Public Information Officers, Epidemiologists and HAN Coordinators as well as Clinician organizations ##
You have received this message based upon the information contained within our emergency notification database. If you have a different or additional e-mail or fax address that you would like us to use, please contact your State-based Health Alert Network program at your State or local health department.
- Content source: CDC Emergency Risk Communication Branch (ERCB), Division of Emergency Operations (DEO), Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response (OPHPR)
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC-INFO